Monday 4 July 2016

The Eid Bake-off: Chocolate Melting Tutorial🍫



As Eid approaches it's usual for many households, including mine to smell like a bakery. This year is no different! 

This weekend was spent creating yummy home-made biscuits in my 3rd favourite place in the house 😅. I'm not a huge fan of cooking but baking serves as my creative outlet in the kitchen. So Baked en Alles (Hayah confectionery) was born! It's something that kinda happened by default as people saw my baking then ordered from me 😅 word of mouth is an amazing tool!

Although I've been bogged down with issues mum's stepped up and come to help like a "knight in an apron" 😂! She may help bake but the decor is my department it's like I have a no entry sign when I'm working - it's my space you know...

I thought I'd help some of you guys out with an easy peasy 3 step way to melt chocolate to decorate your biscuits.

All you're going to need is:
  • Chocolate chips
  • Pot 
  • Glass bowl (please make sure it's oven friendly)
  • Spoon 
  • Water
  • A stove
Please remember when selecting your bowl please make sure that the base of the bowl fits into the top of your pot BUT should NOT touch the base of your pot. 

Step 1:
Fill the pot about halfway with water and put it on the stove to heat (you can boil it first and then put it into the pot - it makes the process faster).


Step 2:
Place your chocolate chips into the bowl and place it over the heated water in the pot. (your bowl may be submerged in some of the water)



Step 3:
Using your spoon stir the chocolate in the bowl as it begins to melt it helps with the heat distribution through the chocolate (remember stirring ANTI-clockwise is sunnah).
Also make sure your water isn't boiling rapidly - you might end up over heating your chocolate, so lower the heat or turn it off. The water is still hot so your chocolate will have a heat source.

You will know your chocolate is ready when it's has a runny consistency.
and you should be able to touch it if it's too hot for you it's too hot to be used!


And there you have it good ol' melted chocolate. Which I live on for decorating 🙌. 

I got my chocolate from Laeeque this year the joys of being located centrally 😅. It's a one stop shop for all my baking goodies.

Side note 📝:
I didn't get to go for my mass iftaar but it's okay I didn't infect anyone so all is well... And my littletjie is around so I'm a happy chappy!

Oh and Eid Mubarak 🌟 in advance my lovelies (yes, that INCLUDES you male species!) I don't think I shall post until the auspicious day.

That's it for now
xxx
The UBG
Saudaa

Comments, questions and suggestions are always welcome 😘 

1 comment: