Wednesday 15 November 2017

Adult much?

So its been a while...

Yes I know, it's probably the third time that I've decided to start over!

I thought I should give it up and just stick to my day job, but where's the fun in that? Besides, I've never been one to quit. especially when it's laziness to blame.


So this is it. 


Let us catch up.



Thus far, I have experienced the most mind blowing roller-coaster ride emotionally. If you know me, you definitely know what I am referring to. Moving on to greener pastures has been the idea over the past few months. This has involved weight gain and LOSS (alhamdulillah) with some teenage skin tendencies. YES, I hit a milestone with my birthday this year, yet my skin still feels the need to act like a teenager when my brain and heart are acting like the maturing adults they're supposed to be!



I feel that this year has been the year that has finally welcomed me into the "Adult World" - in other words, I started paying my own bills and dealing with my wonky personality.

Ok, so maybe I'm being too basic by saying I only pay bills - but it's a start. 


The crux of the matter is that, I've learned to be more comfortable with myself and accept ME for who and what I am. I've come to understand that it is OKAY to not be where I had planned to be in life - everything in life happens for a reason. 

I may not be working my dream job or living my dream lifestyle however, I am HAPPY.


Happy -  a word that we rarely associate with our life plans. 

Think about it, when you envision your life did you ever put the word "happy" or "content" in the equation? No, right? This technological world has made us morph into materialistic hoarders - zombies in the 'race' of life. 
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE fancy things and still want my dream lifestyle however I want to do it with love and happiness. I want to have peace of mind of knowing I am connected to who I really am, and not be afraid of the perception that people have of me when they see me living my 'basic' life.


This realisation took me a quite a few panda faced sessions with my besties, but also helped me reconnect with the few people that I am proud to call my 'squad' - a little circle of ionic bonds.



SO my fellow 90's kids - unfortunately we need to start referring to ourselves as 'adults' as the last batch of 99's turn 18 this year!



Breathe, work and play - life is about the moments that leave you with memories that bring a smile to your face. Live your life in such a way that if you'd have to press replay you would see yourself being HAPPY!



That's it, from philosophical Saudaa



Here's to toned assets (asses), giggles and tickles!!
x☺x

No comments:

Post a Comment