Thursday 6 April 2017

The Little - Big village

It's two days since my arrival in Ajmer and being back here during the festivities is absolutely INSANE!!!!
I thought crowds in Makkah was the real deal,however the tiny alleyways that can literally only fit one average sized person's width have to channel hundred thousands of people has changed my mind.
(You would've seen the video on instagram).

Since my first time here in 2005 not much had changed, the ‘roads' are still pathways however it's a little cleaner, neatly concreted, with shops and homes bordering it without any ‘yard’ space. Butcher's still have open plan trade and can be seen hacking away at meat - it's surprising how they they're NOT plagued by flies! The food still tastes divine.

The internal roads still have open water runs, however they're covered the way an awning covers an open area or with grids. There is a constant supply of water unlike in KZN (but who's complaining?) and their electricity department however is still acting like Eskom used to!
Although it is understandable, because you NEED to have a cooling agent on at all times, so it's bound to put pressure on the power grid.

What intrigues me the most is that this is a tiny little town in a huge country but people from around the world of various colour and creed flock to visit it because of one individual...🙌


Today I thought I'd dedicate this post to the most beautiful feeling I had at sunset - maghrib.

I thoroughly enjoy reading salaah in jamaat (praying in congregation). That feeling of being connected to something larger than anything that exists is absolutely incredible.
This evening there was the added effect of a melodious imam (prayer leader) and chirping birds along with a cooling breeze to settle the anxiety from the heat. I'm sure many if you would be able to relate.

Anyhoo we're off to Chennai in a bit 👌and I almost paid R100 for a frappacino😂

Till then adieu🙋
Saudaa
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment