Saturday 1 April 2017

Roaming the city

Day 2 and a bit of day one

So second leg - connecting flight was good
All I did was SLEEP!

I then awoke to a hustling and bustling city! It seriously is a city that never sleeps! Even though we arrived at 8am we were greeted with overwhelming humidity and more Indians than Durban πŸ˜‚ (all you Johannesburg people would be having palpitations)

We hired a cab and off we went not having to lift a finger - just had to hold on to my heart that continuously stopped as our taxi effortlessly maneuvered through roads that hath no rules only honking (hooting).

On arrival at the hotel it was sort out bags, shower and out!
No sleep, no chill - just OUT!
First stop visiting all the friends unfortunately not family - I'm just a 5th generation South African Indian without any proper roots to trace.
Each visit included true Indian hospitality with thee most amazing “chai”. What we make back home is tea, here it is chai ❤ and snacks.

We got to tour around the Muslim area roaming the infamous Muhammed Ali Road.
The true joy of travelling comes from living the lives of the locals so in that spirit I do try the street food.

This time I had chaat -

The crush of sev and the base, mush of tomatoes and onions. With extra pops of flavour from the mangoes and coated channa was a treat for my bored ol’ tastebuds.

Then roamed a bit more, even took a bus and then got to watch a skating class and no I didn't skate only because I was too afraid to fall plat and test my amateur skills πŸ˜‚ I haven't skated since 2013!!


It was lovely spending the evening out walking almost aimlessly and feeling secure. I'd never roam the streets of Durban primarily because of the way we've been indoctrinated that S.A is so unsafe blah blah blah…

I also got to find an African trader in India and in true tourist mode I had to document it with a picture! He sold leather goodies and that corner on the road was his usual spot.

Anyhoo a trip to India wouldn't be complete without a trip to the movies, so at 11 we went to watch oneπŸ˜‚ yes ELEVEN PM.
If you think that's crazy, there was still traffic AFTER the movie ~ 1:30 am!! All I needed was food and there was traffic πŸ˜‘ however we quickly sourced a restaurant that was abuzz with late diners to which we added to.

After the tummy was happy it was time for us to finally get back to the hotel and have 3 hours of sleep before we checked out and headed off to our second stop - Jaipur where the long drive to Ajmer awaits!

So that's all for now… till I get to my next stop
xxx
Saudaa 😘

Ps follow me on instagram as I share my day all day πŸ“·

No comments:

Post a Comment